Proposed Country Estates of Medfield
Submission of Site Eligibility Application to MassHousing
On June 3, 2016, the Town was in receipt of an application submitted to subsidizing agency MassHousing for a determination of project eligibility under G.L. c. 40B by Country Estates of Medfield, LLC (the “Applicant”).
The proposed development will consist of 48 non-age restricted condominium units comprised of 1 and 2 unit buildings with driveways, roadways and associated infrastructure. Access to the site will be provided by a 20 feet wide roadway with two access points form Hospital Road. The condominiums have been designed by Axiom Architects and range in square footage from 1,700 to 2,900 square feet. All units will have either 1 or 2 car garages and will consist of 3 and 4 bedrooms.
The project will access the utility infrastructure located on Hospital Road, including sanitary sewer, water, gas, electric, telephone and cable. The stormwater management system will be designed to fully comply with all the standard of the MA DEP Stormwater Management Regulations.
The applicant is proposing that twenty five (25%)%, or twelve units will be identified as affordable units and will blend with the proposed market rate homes and will be evenly distributed throughout the development.
Should MassHousing deem the conceptual design appropriate for the site, the Applicant is then allowed to submit a formal comprehensive permit application to the Medfield Zoning Board of Appeals for this project.
Site Eligibility Application
- Country Estates of Medfield - Hospital Road - Part I (General Info)
- Country Estates of Medfield - Hospital Road - Part II (Maps, Parcel Info, Site Characteristics)
- Country Estates of Medfield - Hospital Road - Part III (Site Plans, Floor Plans, Elevations, Renderings)
- Country Estates of Medfield - Hospital Road - Part IV (Zoning Info, Market Analysis)
- Country Estates of Medfield - Hospital Road - Part V (Qualifications, Notifications)
Regulations & Guidelines
Pursuant to 760 CMR 56.04(4), a subsidizing agency must determine if a proposal is appropriate for the site and in compliance with other project eligibility requirements. The Massachusetts 40B Design Review Handbook, primarily serves as guidance for subsidizing agencies, provides a description of design elements and checklists that are consistent with the regulations and therefore can be considered during design review.
- State Regulations 760 CMR 56.04 Project Eligibility, Other Responsibilities of Subsidizing Agency
- Massachusetts 40B Design Review Handbook
- Massachusetts Guidelines for 40B Comprehensive Permit Projects (PDF)
If you have any questions, please contact the Planning Department at 508-906-3027 or send an email to Sarah Raposa, Town Planner.