- SWAP Area
The SWAP is temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 state of emergency, until further notice.
|May thru September||Temporary closed until further notice||Temporary closed until further notice||Temporary closed until further notice|
NO DROP OFFS AFTER 2:30 PM
SWAP AREA FAQ
1. Items are FREE....The SWAP AREA is a convenient drop-off spot for unwanted items or a unique "shopping experience" at a bargain price, it is FREE!
2. Items are NOT disposed of at the end of the day (as was done in the past), items generally remain at the SWAP for a few weeks to give them a chance to be seen and taken before recycled/repurposed.
3. Convenient hours....It is open Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9-3 (drop off only until 2:30).
4. Volunteers needed...The Swap would welcome volunteers to help, especially at 2:30 - 4 pm - that is "ORGANIZATION TIME" to get items undercover, pack things up for Epilepsy Foundation or bring items to other charities.
5. HELP is ALWAYS appreciated.....if you have 15 mins or more to give, please consider lending a hand....Volunteers wear lanyards for identification!
6. Get your items to SWAP NOW....please do not wait until the end of September to drop off your items, as ALL must be disposed of by the end of September
7. Items are RECYCLED/REPURPOSED...if your item isn’t snatched up at the SWAP area, many are RECYCLED and REPURPOSED to various other places, such as Goodwill, Epilepsy Foundation, Pet shelters, Senior Center, Medfield Library, Playgrounds, and New Life Home Refurnishing to name a few!
8. Items go into Single Stream Recycling....some items go into our Single Stream recycling or other recycling at the Transfer Station such as metals, rigid plastics, electronics, etc.
9. PLEASE CONTACT NANCY IRWIN AT 508-359-7251 IF YOU CAN HELP OUT OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
You can now use our On-line Service for Transfer Station Permits 2021-2023 Read on...
Medfield Household Hazardous Day will be November 13 2021 9-1 at the town garage To use another towns site, please contact me for a visitors pass at 508-906-3003 Read on...