School Building Committee
The Select Board is seeking applicants for a vacant position on the School Building Committee. Membership will be sustained through the duration of the project. Deadline to apply is October 3, 2023 at noon. In addition to filling out this form, please submit your resume and letter of interest to Brittney Franklin at email@example.com.
Medfield Day: A BIG THANK YOU to all the community members who braved the inclement weather, attended Medfield Day, and visited the SBC booth. Your thoughtful questions and comments are greatly appreciated. The SBC plans to hold listening sessions, information sessions, and be at other community events as we move forward in the process of replacing or renovating the Dale Street School.
In case you didn’t get a chance to stop at our booth, below are the two handouts we distributed.
Survey Results: The SBC thanks everyone who participated in our first survey. We had 1112 respondents! This was an important first step for the SBC as we engage the Medfield community in our task of creating a new proposal for the Dale Street School (replacement/renovation yet to be determined).
The following links will take you to the results:
The comments from the question: What other factors should SBC consider?
The comments from the question: What other topics do respondents care about?
The comments from the question: What other means can the SBC use to increase information/participation?
The SBC wants everyone to know that we are sincerely committed to an open, inclusive process as we move forward. THANK YOU!
The School Building Committee is seeking your feedback!
The School Building Committee (SBC) has been formalized to study and advise the town regarding a new/renovated elementary school building. Your input is vital to this process! The SBC will seek your feedback in short surveys, conversations, meetings, etc. as we embark on this journey.
The first survey will inform the SBC of your perspective on the prior proposal and what is currently important to you as the new process begins.
The survey is anonymous unless you choose to identify yourself in the open comment questions. Survey results will be publicly shared.
Link to first survey (May 2023):https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeIuyANWYU15ctnYwcXLqQp4kyjyvHj9kKEvWIkjztNFOjbug/viewform?usp=sf_link
School Building Committee Bylaw
School Committee Application to the Board of Selectmen
On September 13, 2022, the Board of Selectmen approved the application for a New or Renovated/Addition Elementary School from the Medfield School Committee. This allows the process to form a new School Building Committee.
On April 4, 2023 the Select Board approved the statement of interest to MSBA after the School Committee voted to approve it at their meeting on March 23, 2023
School Building Committee Members:
- Kristin Simonini - School Committee appointment, School Committee member
- Michelle Kirkby - School Committee appointment, School Committee member
- Robert Worth - School Committee appointment
- Meredith Chamberland - School Committee appointment
- Mather Eldred - Town Moderator appointment, Warrant Committee member
- Robert Meaney - Town Moderator appointment, "senior Medfield resident 65 years of age or over"
- Carolyn Casey - Town Moderator appointment, resident at large
- William C. Werner - Town Moderator appointment, resident at large
- Teresa James - Select Board appointment, Planning Board member
- Mike Weber - Select Board appointment, Permanent Planning and Building Committee member
- Anthony Papantonis - Select Board appointment
- Vacant - Select Board appointment
- Dr. Jeffrey Marsden - Superintendent of Schools, ex-officio, non-voting member
- Stephen Grenham - Principal Dale Street School, ex-officio, non-voting member
- Kristine Trierweiler - Town Administrator, ex-officio, non-voting member
Herbicide Application scheduled Oct 2 at the former Medfield State Hospital Wetland Restoration AreaHerbicide Application scheduled Monday, Oct 2 at the former Medfield State Hospital Wetland Restoration Area Read on...
On August 22, 2023, at a duly called and posted meeting the Medfield Select Board voted unanimously to issue the following statement: Read on...
Work will consist of removing the existing traffic control island to improve traffic flow. The roadway may be closed at times. Please use alternative routes while the work is being completed. Read on...
- Medfield 20 Year Facilities Plan
- Attorney General Bylaw Review Final Extension until November 16, 2022
- Attorney General Bylaw Review Extension Request for Article 14 and 16 (October 1, 2022)
- 2022 Dale Street SOI 04252022
- Dale Street Ed Plan Final 4-5 Configuration 03162020
- SC Application to BOS
- Attorney General Bylaw Review Extension Request (August 12, 2022)
- Joint School Committee/Board of Selectmen Public Hearing: Priorities & Progress, Moving Forward to a New Elementary School Project_04.07.2022
- School Committee and Board of Selectmen New Elementary Workshop_03.08.2022