Residential, cultural, commercial, retail, and recreational uses are incorporated into the plan.
Key features include:
- diverse housing types addressing needs for seniors, down-sizers, millennials, and affordability;
- restoration and reuse of almost all of the existing buildings;
- maximizing open space and vistas;
- buildings and open area for a cultural hub; and
- space designated for a recreational and athletic complex.
The plan balances the priorities and desires of the Community with the economic and financial objectives of minimal impacts on school and Town services, minimal effects on property tax rates, and the potential for profitable development from the investor’s perspective.
Medfield State Hospital Master Plan Committee - Transmittal Letter
Medfield State Hospital Strategic Reuse Master Plan
Map of the Preferred Scenario
Draft MSH District Zoning