- Medfield Grant Awards
Medfield Grant Awards
Across our departments, staff seek out grant opportunities from private entities, state government, and the federal government to fund capital improvements, programming, planning initiatives, and professional consultants. Please find below information on grants recently awarded to the Town of Medfield:
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts awarded the Town a $25,000 grant in Fiscal Year 2022 to complete a new budget document to improve the Town's communications for its annual operating and capital budgets
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts awarded the Town a $25,000 grant in Fiscal Year 2022 to perform a compensation and classification study for Town employees
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts awarded the Town a $75,000 grant in Fiscal Year 2022 for three planning initiatives:
- Review and recommend new open space residential zoning districts
- Plan and prepare mixed use zoning changes for the downtown area
- Conduct a zoning diagnostic to review and modernize the Town's zoning code
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts awarded the Town a technical assistance grant to complete a Wayfinding Study for the downtown area in Fiscal Year 2022
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts awarded the Town a $160,500 grant to redesign the intersection at West Street and Route 27 (North Meadows Road). This intersection is listed on the state's top 200 intersections for crashes and was previously identified by the Metropolitan Planning Organization for safety improvements.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts awarded the Town a technical assistance grant to conduct a Local Rapid Recovery Plan to identify economic development opportunities to assist Medfield's business community's recovery from COVID-19 impacts.
- In 2018 and 2020, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts awarded the Town two MassTrails grants in the amount of $100,000 each. These grants are being used to fund the construction of the Medfield Rail Trail, which is anticipated to open in Spring 2022.
- Medfield has achieved designation as a Green Community and has been successful at winning Green Communities grant funding. Green Communities grant projects are meant to make Town and School facilities more energy efficient and upgrade building systems:
- FY2021: $168,174 in Green Communities projects
- FY2022: The Town submitted a grant application for $179,884 and anticipates hearing about the grant application in Winter 2022
Additional information about the Town's Green Communities projects is located on the Medfield Energy Committee webpage.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts's Fiscal Year 2022 budget included $36,000 for the Town of Medfield to purchase new voting machines. The Town's old voting machines are used by only 3 other communities in Massachusetts.
Medfield Fire Department
- The Department of Fire Services (DFS) awarded Medfield Fire $18,200 in Fiscal Year 2022 for the Firefighter Safety Equipment Grant Program. We will use this money to purchase structural firefighting jackets and pants for new Call FF's
- The Department of Homeland Security awarded Medfield Fire $211,428.57 in Fiscal Year 2019 to purchase new self-contained breathing apparatus equipment and new air bottles. The Town was required to make a 5% match of $10,571.43. This grant fully funded a capital budget request.
- Medfield Outreach was awarded $13,500 in grant funding from the Medfield Foundation for a strategic plan and needs assessment