Affordable Housing Trust
Are you Impacted by COVID-19 and Need Assistance?
Use this link to CHAPA (Citizens’ Housing & Planning Association) for help with housing, nutrition assistance, legal aid, emergency childcare, Personal Care Assistants, tenants rights, and Unemployment, Employee Rights, and Employer Obligations
Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) Resources for Renters and Homeowners:
Please use this page as a resource; DHCD will continue updating it with guidance and information related to DHCD programs.
On March 10, 2020, Governor Charlie Baker announced a State of Emergency in Massachusetts to combat the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth. The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is committed to supporting our families and residents through this uncertain time.
- A new $5 million special fund under the RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition) program for eligible households (families and individuals) who may face eviction, foreclosure, loss of utilities, and other housing emergencies. Full details on this under the RAFT tab below.
- Guidance to all state-aided public housing operators, including Local Housing Authorities and private operators, to suspend both pending non-essential evictions and the filing of any new non-essential evictions.
- Guidance urging operators of private, affordable housing to suspend non-essential evictions for loss of income or employment circumstances that result in a tenant’s inability to make rent. This guidance also urges operators to establish reasonable payment plans, to notify Section 8 or public housing residents about interim income recertification to adjust rent payments, and to consider offering relief funding for residents ineligible for income reassessment.
- DHCD is moving to temporarily suspend terminations of federal and state rental vouchers, including assistance provided under the Section 8 (DHCD portfolio only), Massachusetts Rental Voucher and Alternative Housing Voucher programs, in all cases other than those involving violent or drug-related criminal activity that seriously affects the health and safety of other residents.
- DHCD will also automatically extend the deadline by which a household issued a voucher must identify a housing unit where they can use the voucher. The 60 day voucher search term would be extended automatically until 30 calendar days past the expiration of the state of emergency.
- The Division of Banks has also released additional guidance for homeowners and financial institutions regarding foreclosure during the state of emergency. You can find more information on their website
The purpose of the Affordable Housing Trust shall be to provide for the preservation and creation of affordable and community housing in the Town of Medfield for the benefit of low and moderate-income households.
|Jim Brand, Chair|
Current 40B proposals under permitting review are available on the ZBA's webpage.
The Affordable Housing Trust provided comments in support of the Rosebay 40B at 30 Pound Street: LINK. Supporting analysis on the risk and timing of Rosebay relative to the letter of support from chair, Jim Brand, on behalf of the Affordable Housing Trust: LINK.