- Town Departments
- Medfield Outreach
- 24/7 Crisis Lines
24/7 Crisis Lines
In case of emergency, please dial 911.
988 SUICIDE & CRISIS LIFELINE
- The new 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is now live! If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org.
- The 988 lifeline will be the new three-digit dialing code connecting people to the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, where compassionate, accessible care and support are available for anyone experiencing mental health-related distress – whether that is thoughts of suicide, mental health or substance use crisis or any other kind of emotional distress.
- People can also dial 988 if they are worried about a loved one who may need crisis support.
RIVERSIDE EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Adult & Youth Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment
- Emergency Services for Adults
- Emergency Services for Youth
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis please contact our locally-based crisis intervention/emergency services team. We provide around-the-clock, 24/7 mental health and substance use evaluations to people in crisis. Instead of going to the emergency room, services can be provided to you over the phone, in your home, at school, or in another community setting.
NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
- Suicide Prevention
- 800.273.TALK (8255)
- The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States.
THE MASSACHUSETTS SUBSTANCE USE / GAMBLING HELPLINE
- Massachusetts' public resource for finding substance use treatment, recovery, and problem gambling services
- Hope Is Here. The Helpline is the only statewide, public resource for finding substance use treatment, recovery, and problem gambling services. Helpline services are free and confidential. Our caring, trained Specialists will help you understand the treatment system and your options.
SAMARITANS / SAMARITEENS
- Suicide Prevention
- Call or Text 877.870.4673 OR Text "START" to 741-741
- You Are Not Alone. Do you feel sad, lonely, hopeless, or suicidal? We’re here to listen to you, 24 hours a day. If you need to talk to someone about how you’re feeling, grieve the loss of a loved one to suicide, or learn how to help others in crisis, you can find support with us.
THE TREVOR PROJECT
- Information & support for LGBTQ young people
- 866.488.7386 OR Text "START" to 678-678
- We’re here for you. You deserve a welcoming, loving world. And so do the people you care about. Here you can reach out to a counselor if you’re struggling, find answers and information, and get the tools you need to help someone else. We provide information & support to LGBTQ young people 24/7, all year round.
WAYSIDE TRAUMA INTERVENTION SERVICES
- Rape Crisis / Domestic Violence / Trauma Services
- We support and strengthen those who have experienced violence in their relationships, homes and community in Milford and 26 surrounding towns, including Medfield. Our experienced counselors and staff assist survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, children impacted by substances (CIS), and those impacted by homicide, along with their families through the process of healing.
VETERANS CRISIS LINE
- Veteran Support
- 800.273.8255, press 1 OR Text 838-255
- Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one? You're not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don't have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call. 24/7 confidential crisis support for veterans and their loved ones.
Check out our new Medfield Resource Card!